Yesterday I got this all new Buzz in my Gmail.
You can follow me in buzz: http://www.google.com/profiles/aritra.slg
This is the third product from Google in a row after New Orkut and Google Wave.Recently Google also integrated real time Twitter updates in its search engine.So after Twitter integration,Google wave and now with Buzz you can say that Google trying hard to get into this real time business.
So what is this Buzz is all about?
- Its a real time section which is integrated into you Gmail and it is mainly to share your status updates also your favorite links,images,videos with your friends.
- Connected sites: Shared contents from Google Reader,Twitter updates,Image sharing sites like:Picasa and Flickr,Updates from your Blogger and You Tube accounts.
- Following:Comes with same Twitter concept like you get the updates from people whom you are following.But here Buzz comes with auto following and also suggests you users to follow.
- Private and Public sharing: You can share contents with either everybody or with your few selected friends i.e a group.You can create several Groups in your Google contacts.I prefer private settings for my Picasa and flickr accounts.
- Comments and Like:You can comment under status updates and also can like any status update by pressing the like button.
- @Reply or Tagging: Another concept from Twitter like you want to mention or tag any user or multiple users in status update area or in the comment section area.Just put @ then start typing the name you would get a drop down for the list of users.
- Inbox integration:Buzz just does not want you to miss any comments that is why it will give you notifications in form of mails in your Gmail inbox itself.I would have liked a different section for this notifications because cleaning up inbox every now and then is not my favorite work.
- Mobile Support: iPhone users and Android users can access Buzz in their in their mobile handsets through Buzz.Google.com.Still no other handset supports Buzz.This is where buzz lacks.The main reason for Twitter’s popularity was that at first Twitter targeted mobile users and it also allows you to update status through SMS which is still not available in Buzz.You can also post Geo tag enabled Buzz from Google Maps.
My verdict is that I like Buzz because I love sharing my status update,Links etc and Buzz looks to be a great sharing platform for us.
So do you like Buzz,Would you use it more regularly?Share your views in comments and do share with us which feature you like the most or what are the features you want to see in Buzz?
On January 27th Apple launched it’s much awaited tablet iPad.It came after one year long speculations.It will be available in market from March(Still I don’t have any idea when iPad would be available in India).Well that night when I was tweeting my timeline was only(almost) with Apple events live tweets and out of the top 10 trending topics there were seven related to iPad and ongoing Apple event.Later I came to know that there were 177,000 tweets in the first hour during the event.
Well Steve Jobs describes it as “Our most advanced technology in a magical & revolutionary device at an unbelievable price”.They says that its 9.7″ touch screen tablet which is here to fill up the gap between Macbook and iPhone.
Let me first discuss about the price.There are 6 models like:
16GB:- $499(wifi) and $629(wifi+3G)
32GB:-$599(wifi) and $729(wifi+3G)
64GB:-$699(wifi) and $829(wifi+3G)
Here are features that you will get in iPad:
- 9.7″ LCD touch screen.
- 10 hours battery life(If you are playing video) and 1 month standby time.
- In built web browser
- Email client.
- You tube client.
- The screen has IPS(in plan switching) which helps to give better visual effects when you are not looking at it as a flat screen.
- Model comes with 3G and Wifi facilities.
- Photo viewer with geotagging and slide show features.
- Inbuilt music player which is more likely to iTunes and also iTunes store.
- Maps,Calender, Address book.
- Movie plays with an aspect ration of 4:3.
- Supports all iPhone applications and also you can synchronize iPhone and iPod with this iPad.
- A paint application.
- iBooks: Apples own ebook application.
- iWork: Too build presentation and spreadsheets etc.
- iPad can also be synchronized with projector and desktop.
Here are few features which are missing in iPad:
- You can not do multitasking.
- iPad does not have any USB port or SD slots.
- No drag and drop of files.
- No flash support.
- No camera which is the most disappointing thing for me because it discards video chat/conferencing and you can’t take pictures and upload it to facebook/flickr.
- Wifi version doesn’t have GPS and 3G is not with full GPS.
Though they says its to fill up the gap between Macbook and iPhone but I don’t see its use if you have both a laptop and a smart phone.
It is Thanks Giving Day and I am launching my official site. Thank you all for visiting my official site. I hope I will get your support and feedback about my site in the form of comments and suggestions. In this Thanks Giving Day I want to thank my friend(Don’t want to mention name) who was there all the time helping me to build this site.
Do mail me here